Re: Latest Version of Optivity

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Latest Version of Optivity
From: David Easter <David_Easter@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:55:50 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Steve,

  Optivity NMS 9.0 is scheduled to support NetView (5.x) on Solaris.

BTW, and this is to all "NetViewers"; please make sure you put the product
name after the Optivity brand.  Optivity is a brand name just like "Dodge"
(a brand under the Chrysler Corporation) or "Planters" (a brand under
Nabisco).

  If went to an auto parts store and said that you needed a new engine for
your 1996 Dodge... the next question asked of you would be "What model of
Dodge are you referring to?  Dodge Neon?  Dodge Viper?  Dodge Caravan?"
etc...  Same thing goes for "Optivity".  Optivity is now a brand name for
lots of different products - Optivity NMS, Optivity Analysis, Optivity
Planning, Optivity NETarchitect, Optivity NCS, Optivity CallReporter,
Optivity StackProbe, etc...

  Support issues are different for each product, so make sure you specify
when asking questions.

Thanx!  I shall now dismount the soapbox.

-David J. Easter
Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

P.S. Optivity Enterprise is a bundle of Optivity NMS, Optivity Analysis,
and Optivity Planning.  It's not a product unto itself either.

-=-REgarding-=-