Inline Action

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Inline Action
From: Dimitri Setti <Dimitri.Setti@FCCRT.IT>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 12:36:11 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
From: Dimitri Setti@ITFCCRT0 on 03/11/98 12.36

To:   Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
cc:

Hi at all.....
I use Netview 5.0 on Aix 4.2.1.

My question is this: I wanna use Inline Action in my ruleset, so that I
forward events to my Control Desk
only when Return Code from my script is 9.
Default Action for Event Stream is, obviusly, BLOCK.
Unfortunately this don't works.
I made a debug on my script, and I saw it's all right: infact I received a
return code equal to 1
when I have a mismatch on a variable, and a return code equal to 9 when
variable is correct.
Maybe I don't understand how does Inline Action  works....I suppose that
Inline Action runs
my script, and only when return code is equal to 9 forward events to
Control Desk. Infact,
defining Inline Action I fix option to Command Exit Code Comparison Equal
To 9,
and Wait Interval to 0 seconds.

I hope you help me...

thanks

Have you a nice day

dimitri

Dimitri Setti
   Fondo Comune Casse Rurali Trentine
   via Segantini n.18
   38100  TRENTO
   ITALY

   Tel:               +39   461   874.111 centralino
                 +39   461   874.266 diretto
   Fax:               +39   461   874.123

   e-mail:   Dimitri.Setti@fccrt.it