Re: Systems Monitor Question ....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Systems Monitor Question ....
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:07:39 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
As Pat says, the Systems Information Agent (SIA) of the original sysmon
is no longer supported and is not Y2K compliant - that's the bit that
provided somewhat similar functionality to the Tivoli Distributed
Monitoring product.  The Mid Level Manager (MLM) part of the original
sysmon IS still very much alive and shipped as an integral (ie free)
part of NetView V5 - and you get all the MLM interpreter types ie AIX,
NT, HP, Sun - I believe it's the same base code (though I know the NT
one got a pretty hefty re-write and it's now MUCH better) - don't know
whether it is Y2K compliant but I would be very surprised if not because
"NetView" is certainly said to be.

Cheers, Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 1998 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights