Re: Upgrade netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Upgrade netview
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:39:52 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
It has been brough to my attention that the release notes for NetView V5.1
say it is supported only on AIX 4.1.4 and above.   My comments yesterday,

 >NetView V5.1 will install on all versions of AIX from 3.2.5 to 4.3.1

were not meant to imply that we were supporting any versions of AIX
different from the Release notes.  I just know that here in the lab we have
it running on many differnet versions.  It may install, it may even work
well, but we are not supporting it there if the release notes say we don't.

My aplogies for having misled anyone on this issue.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support