Slow response adding mib for automatic collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Slow response adding mib for automatic collection
From: Roger Kearsley <KEARSR@SPCS.BRITISHSTEEL.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:11:13 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Roger Kearsley
11/04/98 05:11 PM

To:   nv-l @ ucsbvm.ucsb.edu
cc:

I am having a problem with adding new MIBs for automatic collection. The
problem is this - I am loading the 'Data Collection & Thresholds...' window
and selecting 'Add'; this launches the 'MIB Data Collection.....' window, I
traverse down the MIB tree until I get to the MIB I want, select it and
then press 'OK' (or 'Apply'); it is at this point that I get a very slow
response, i.e. 5.5 minutes elapsed time (nearly 2 mins cpu time) before the
next window is displayed to set the selection criteria. Any ideas as to why
the long elapsed time? I have added many MIBs in the past, although not
recently, and have not noticed this problem before.

We are running NetView 4.1.2 (PTF U449573) on AIX 4.1.5.