Polling & Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Polling & Collections
From: Jose Luis Arbona Orovay <jarbo@INFOCENTRE.GVA.ES>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:17:03 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
How can I configure polling on a collection only composed by interfaces?

I have a collection of Interfaces RDSI (isCard=TRUE and SNMP ifDescr =
BRI) and I have added in SNMP, section Collections, with polling every
24 hours (1d), but if I execute 'xnmsnmp -resolve XX' (being XX an IP
address of a interface included in the previous collection), and it
takes Defaulf config, such as it doesn't see this IP as part of the
collection

Whats the matter?

Thanks in advance.

    Jose Luis.