Re: DNS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DNS
From: Dror Katzman <zdror@IL.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:11:29 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 nv 51 +nways 122 on aix 421 .
 Customer has XVision emulation on a pc .
 When working against aix421  with only nv 51 .
 all works well .
 When working against similar machine with NWAYS 122 we get the folloing
 errors:
 Warning : can not convert string "-dt-interfaces system-medium-r-norma
 -xl= to type fontset.
 error cant open display HOSTNAME
 XIO fatal io error 73 ( a connection with remot socket was reset by
 socket
 These msgs are issued in nv6000.log upon startup and
 when we try to explode  a router in device management .
 It can also occuer upon selecting object and doing test and ping .
 the ping window will not open and the errors will be displayed
 Does any body have any ideas ?
 Was nways tested with any other emulators ?
 Thanks Dror