Re: NWAYS Integration with Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NWAYS Integration with Netview
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:47:30 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview machine and Nways Manager for AIX communicate with the ATM
devices through SNMP. You need only insure that the LECs for LECS,
LES/BUS and switches have IP addresses you can reach.  You do NOT have
to be ATM connected.  You do need to have all all of this in your IP
topology for Nways to find it.  ARP works a little differently on ATM, o
seedfile tuning is a good idea.

Hope this helps,
Jim Kellock