Re: RNVGATE problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RNVGATE problem
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:08:36 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This process is owned by the application transporter- part of the Nways
Manager for AIX.  The message about no lock manager indicates the the
lock manager for the apps database. First try, from the Netview menu
bar, Tools->Application Transporter->Stop, then the same menus and
Start. After the start, your console should show all of the applications
starting correctly.  If not, do the Stop again, then ps -ef | grep
lockmgr and then kill-9 <pid> (pid of the lockmgr process), then
Tools->Application Transporter->Start and you should see it all start.

This problem occurs when the Netview eui crashes and orphans the
Application Transported.  It happens most often when the Netview eui has
been running on an X-emulator on a PC.  If youre running from an
X-emulator, make sure the operator does a File->Exit from Netview and
doesn't just shut down the window.

Hope this helps.  If not, you'll have to open a PMR.