Several Agents on different port #

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Several Agents on different port #
From: Jean-Francois Milhomme <Jean-Francois.Milhomme@DIGITAL.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:17:32 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I am quite new on Netview and I would like to known if it is possible to
manage several SNMP agents on a same host ( it means an unique IP address ).
Those agents are on different ports ( e.g. 161 and 8161 ).
When I said "manage" it is for being able to:
        - make some get/set throught the MIB browser
        - get 2 icons on a map, one for each agent
        - filter traps coming from each agent

I did not find on the NT version of Netview how to change the port for SNMP
requests but I found it on the DIGITAL Unix version. This feature is not
sufficient for me because I do not want to choose between 2 ports but to be
able to make requests on both ports in the same time.

Thanks for your help !

JF
        Jean-Francois Milhomme
        CustomSystems ANNECY - DIGITAL France
        * Voice:   DTN: (7) 887-4251  Office No.: +33 (0).4.50.09.42.51
        * Fax:     +33.(0).4.50.64.01.39
        * Digital Exchange Address: Jean-Francois Milhomme
  * Internet Address: Jean-Francois.Milhomme@digital.com