Several Agents on different port #

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Several Agents on different port #
From: Wolfgang Klein <wolfgang.klein@IKOSSVAN.DE>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:49:35 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wok@mail>
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 You can configure an Proxy-entry in the snmp-configuration, assuming that your
 primary agent has IP-Adress 192.168.1.1:

       Options...SNMP configuration

 Node   Community  Proxy Retry Timeout Port etc
 Agent_2:public:192.168.1.1:10:4:300:8161::::::::

 You can use the Browser or snmpget/set with Agent_2 as Hostname. But you will
 not see an additional icon (nor a status), because the icons are created by
 netmon/ipmap using ping.

 You cannot distinguish between the traps of the 2 agents which are coming
 from the same node, if the trap-variables do not contain additional
 information.

 W. Klein