Integrate Compaq Insight into NetView - more comments

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Integrate Compaq Insight into NetView - more comments
From: Don Mahler <dmahler@NOTES.CC.BELLCORE.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:08:16 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
John

We have also been doing this for years.  we direct all compaq insight mgr
traps into TME Netview V5 and automated them there.   We also use the CPQ
mib to do some snmp polling, such as disk, os descriptions, and running
processes.   very successful and easy

Don Mahler
SAIC

John;

I don't understand why you cannot easily intergrate Compaq Insight into
NetView.  I did this with version 5.1 and aside from one little typo
that I made, it worked fine.  Have you read the section in the Insight
documentation about integrating into NetView?  Its very straightforward.

The instructions work for version 5.0, 5.1, as well as older versions
becuuse the features that Compaq intergrated have not changed
significantly from one version to another.

Good luck!

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net