Re: Netview web server maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview web server maps
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:11:22 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
That seems to be a feature of the 5.1 web server.  It will display the first
map that comes up read/write.  If its not up read/write, it will stop
displaying.

This can present problems if you are relying on your web server to be online
24X7.  We have an operations group that runs the read/write at all times.  We
just have to make sure that they know to keep it up, and if it goes down, get
it back up fast.

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net
NationsBank/Bank of America Network Operations