Re: Adding Bay router traps to NetView 5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Adding Bay router traps to NetView 5
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:06:31 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If you run mib2trap against a MIB and the addtrap script it builds does not
have an OID in it, it is because the MIB file which contained the trap
didn't either.  At this point you have two choices.  You can get the MIB
file which is the logical precursor to the one you have, the one which
supplies the OID  and merge it with the MIB file which contains the trap
defs and run mib2trap on that, or you can just edit the addtrap script and
add the correct OID to it.  Just add it to the addtrap script as "-i
<OID>".  If you look at the man page for addtrap, you should see what I
mean.

You could also add the OID to the MIB file itself if you are familiar with
ASN1 syntax, but most people like one or the other of the first two options
better.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Chris McBride <ChrisM@RIGROUP.COM> on 11/19/98 08:23:44 PM