Adding Bay router traps to Netview 5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Adding Bay router traps to Netview 5
From: Chris McBride <ChrisM@RIGROUP.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:23:44 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Has anyone ever been able to the Bay networks wellfleet router traps ver 11
or 12 to Netview 5?  I've been attempting to do this for the last 3 weeks
and have not been successful.  I opened up a ticket with Bay on this, and
the support guy told me that Bay networks has never been able to add the
wellfleet traps into Netview in the past.  Not sure that I believe that....

I've tried taking the current MIB files provided with sitemanager and ran
mib2trap on them.   It actually does create an addtrap script file, but does
not have an OID associated with the trap.  Looking at the MIB files, this is
because there's no OID indicated in the MIB file.  But the MIB file seems to
load fine.

Any direction or help would be much appreicated.

Thanks.
Chris McBride
chrism@rigroup.com