NV 5.1 web client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV 5.1 web client
From: "Jorge A. Jiles" <Jorge.Jiles@UALBERTA.CA>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:11:45 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello there; my configuration is rs6000-240 dual processor, AIX 4.2.1,
Netview 5.1 just installed. Here is the question:

Does anybody knows what kind of video-card/monitor resolution is
recommended for the web client display through the browsers? With the pc
that I have the visual quality of the maps I get from Netscape browser is
very poor; sometimes I don't get the proper icons; instead I get an oval
symbol with or without labels, also some maps seems to be off-scale as the
icon connections exit the window frame for that map. Also sometimes I get
icons one top of others. In some cases a reload of the page fixes the
problem. Is there  a problem with the videocard/screen resolutions or I'm
missing something?

Any help is appreciatted.

Thanks.

.