Re: NetView NT Web Problem.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView NT Web Problem.
From: "Ben-Shalom, Omer" <omer.ben-shalom@INTEL.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:02:00 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
best guess I have is check the ODBC data connection on in control panel
and see what user it tries to log into the Sql server as then use Sql
administrator to check the user has read rights.

alternatively change the user for the ODBC to one that has rights.
If the ODBC version is pretty new you can check the DSN from control
panel->ODBC if not you should consider upgrading anyway to a newer ODBC
level , the ODBC install files can be downloaded from Microsoft or will
be installed as part of the Sql server service packs 3 or 4.
Those are my guesses.

        Omer.

One of our users of one of our NetView NT systems keeps getting the
following
error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed- User: Reason:
Not
defined as a valid user of a trusted SQL Server connection.

/tnv-Events/TessASPForm.asp, line 453

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks.

Gary Boyles   916-356-4345