Re: Search Object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Search Object
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:51:56 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Check out 'View...Protocols'. It gives all of the submaps, by protocol, and
lets you
switch to them. Note that this function is grayed out unless you have
configured the
gtmd daemon. It is not configured by default, but I always configure it
just to get this
nice tool for hopping around the submaps.

If you are really just looking for a list for some other purpose, I can't
help.

Hi,

In NV 4.1. Is there a way to get a list of maps in which an object exists
(ovobjprint -s <sel-name> only says in how many maps the object exists!!
but not where!!) ?

If not I know there's an address where NetView users can request new
implementation/functionalities in NetView, but could anyone give me this
address?
Thanks

Al

Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes@cger.be
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Foss
é-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2
228.83.69
1000  Brussels