Re: Firmware

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Firmware
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:48:05 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

I went through this recently on an F50, late at night, so my notes are
barely legible but it looks like 'lscfg -vp | grep rom '. On that system,
though,
it does show up on the graphics screen at boot. The place to look for
downloadable firmware upgrades is:

www.rs6000.ibm.com/support/micro/download.html#group

That site also has instructions for checking levels and installing
upgrades.

Hi,

Can anybody tell me where to check for the firmware version number on an
F40 (AIX 4.2.1)?
I thought I could see it while booting the machine in the graphics display,
but it didn't show up.
Is there any ohter way ?

Thanks

Al

Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes@cger.be
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Foss
é-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2
228.83.69
1000  Brussels