Netview 4.1 and AIX 3.2.5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 4.1 and AIX 3.2.5
From: Tulio Tercero <ttercero@GBM.NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 16:57:03 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We have installed Netview 4.1 Gold Server and within the
network we have an RS/6000 that is connected to two Ethernet
Segments: Segment number one has ip Address 128.100 which
is where the Netview machine is located and Segment Number
two has IP Address 128.101, so this RS/6000 is acting as a router

When Netview discovers this node, it only discovers it as a RS/6000
and not as a router. From this point the only network that is being
discovered
is the one with IP 128.100. We also to need to manage network 128.101.

AIX Version for this RS/6000 with the two interfaces is 3.2.5.

Any tips for this situation?.

Thank you