Re: Netview 4.1 and AIX 3.2.5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 4.1 and AIX 3.2.5
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:11:44 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Put an address from the 128.101  network in a seedfile and restart netmon
after configuring him to use it.
You can find out more about seedfiles in the online books or in the man
page for netmon.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Tulio Tercero <ttercero@GBM.NET> on 11/23/98 04:57:03 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
Subject:  Netview 4.1 and AIX 3.2.5

We have installed Netview 4.1 Gold Server and within the
network we have an RS/6000 that is connected to two Ethernet
Segments: Segment number one has ip Address 128.100 which
is where the Netview machine is located and Segment Number
two has IP Address 128.101, so this RS/6000 is acting as a router

When Netview discovers this node, it only discovers it as a RS/6000
and not as a router. From this point the only network that is being
discovered
is the one with IP 128.100. We also to need to manage network 128.101.

AIX Version for this RS/6000 with the two interfaces is 3.2.5.

Any tips for this situation?.

Thank you