Re: Map Customisation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Map Customisation
From: Paul Sandler <PMSandler@AOL.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:23:47 EST
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In a message dated 11/30/98 9:58:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
debbie_stephenson@UK.IBM.COM writes:

<< Version  NetView 5.0a/NT

 Once I set up the default map to have a picture of the UK on it, is there any
 way of reducing the size of my IP network icons?
 We  will have about 60 networks on the map, and it will look a mess.

 Alternatively can anyone point me in the direction of any maps of  N.England,
 S.England, W.England, E.England, Scotland. Ireland & Wales in .gif or .bmp
 format ( or aything similar).  I can then spilt it up.

 Thanks.

Deborah,

If you add an icon (of anything) to the submap and then move that icon to the
very edge of the submap, all submap icons will begin to reduce in size.  Keep
moving the dummy icon past the outer edge of the submap until the submap icons
are the size you want.  You will need to leave the dummy icon on the submap in
order to keep NetView thinking there are too many icons to reduce the submap
size.

Paul Sandler