NV4NT-oid_to_type

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV4NT-oid_to_type
From: "Anthony J. Santucci" <asantucci@RPM.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:54:31 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Does NV4NT support the "U" option in the oid_to_type file?  I have
added lines for a specific OID (HP printers) and the DEFAULT_IP
(e.g., "DEFAULT_IP: : :U" -- spaces between the colons!), and it
seems to ignore them -- all the non-SNMP devices and the HP printers
are discovered as managed.  I remember that the "documentation" for
this "feature" was buried in the man page, but it was in the comment
header in oid_to_type on the AIX version, but I can't find it anywhere
in the NV4NT file or docs.

Thanks,
--
Anthony J. Santucci