AW: Operations "TO DO" list

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: Operations "TO DO" list
From: Schiffinger Ralph 0714 <Ralph.Schiffinger@ERSTEBANK.AT>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:22:00 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi and here we go again, Lucy!
Without going into too much detail...
Shell-script every day at 7:00am (crontab)...
# find all core-dumps, od -c filename-of-core-dump 0x6b0, head >> printfile
# rm core-dumps and similar useless stuff from /usr/OV/log/, /var/log/,
/home/user/, /usr/tmp/, ...
# run a script which checks status of my daemons >>printfile
# /usr/OV/service/nvstat -cleanup
# head -n1 & tail -n1 trapd.log >>printfile
# grep -E "whatever interesting happened since midnight" trapd.log
>>printfile
# grep -E "what went down/up" trapd.log|sort -k8,8 -k1,1|sort -u -r -k8,8|
grep [Dd]own|sort -k1,1 >>printfile
# lp printfile
Whoever comes first just takes a look at it (shouldn't be more than 2 pages
max!)
And just for having some OV-info really at hand, the script does...
# /usr/OV/bin/ovobjprint >/tmp/ovobjprint.log
# /usr/OV/bin/ovtopodump -L >/tmp/ovtopodump.log
# /usr/OV/bin/ovmapdump -v|grep -E "Label:|Symbol Object ID:"
>/tmp/ovmapdump.log
Have fun!
Regards, Ralph.