Re: nvserverd and TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvserverd and TEC
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 12:30:28 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Simon;
I was interested in this issue so I tried to find a solution. However, I did
not find one through
NV. The severity is set after the event reaches TEC server and it is done
according to the
appropriate class defaults. Thus, I created really a simple rule in the
rulebase I am using. This
rule sets the severity to WARNING if the class is Nvserverd_event and the msg
slot contains
"nvserverd is ending". The severity is then overridden after the events is
received. For this rule
Rule Builder was sufficient so I did not need to use a text editor to write the
rule.

I tested the rule and it worked fine.

BTW, I could not find an NV event (its SID, EID) being sent after nvserverd
dies. It might be
possible to modify the ruleset you are using to forward NV events to TEC that
does the same thing as
the TEC rule. Maybe someone shows me the right way?

HTH,
Best Regards,
Vladimir.

--