Deleted objects not returning

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Deleted objects not returning
From: "Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti@MFS.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:29:36 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi All,

Lately, I have been deleting (or cutting, I don't remember) objects from my
map and they have not been returning. For example: I recently changed a NIC
on a server and deleted it from all submaps so that I could issue a demand
poll to reflect the new MAC address change. It has not come back (it's been
a month). I can ping and demand poll the node from netview but its symbol
doesn't appear on the map (even when I perform a search....). What could be
the problem?

Thanks in advance,
J.P. Giuliotti  - Massachusetts Financial Services
(617) 954-5684
JPG@MFS.COM