Re: Migration from Netview 5.0 to Netview 5.1Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Migration from Netview 5.0 to Netview 5.1Problem
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:31:11 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The problem under discussion here was that the migration script for
trapd.conf ran into a problem with trap definitions containing a NODES
list.  I don not know whether all such entries are affected or just some,
but the work around discussed was making a backup copy of trapd.conf,
deleting the entries with NODES for migration, and adding them back later.
If that is not what you want to do, then I recommend a call to Support and
see if you can get them to send you a copy early.  This is not a problem I
worked on, only one I heard about.

Now, having said that, I feel compelled to say that no one should have to
re-post old news.  It is easy enough to get a copy of previous discussion
threads. You can obtain copies of old postings in two ways.  The easiest is
to get the log for the month.  The other is to search and retrieve by
keyword.

(1) to obtain the list for the month to date, you send a note to
listserv@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu which says merely
     GET NV-L LOGyymm
The list will be returned along with a confirmation note containing job
statistics

(2) to search for a thread, you send a note to listserv@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu
which says
     SEARCH NV-L <keyword1 keyword2 ... or  expression> FROM 1998/mm/dd

The listserver will return a list of hits and instructions on how to obtain
any one or all of them.
There is an art to specifying the keyword expression if it is anything more
than one word and you can learn about it
by requesting the LISTSERV REFCARD as described in the note you received
when you originally subscribed.  Don't have one of those?  Send  INFO
REFCARD to listserv  and you'll be sent one.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM> on 12/04/98 04:24:56 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>