Re: HP-UX 10.20 Traps -Reply

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: HP-UX 10.20 Traps -Reply
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:02:28 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If you have NetView Version 5.1 you can create an addtrap script using
mib2trap

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

MICHAEL_IMHOFF@HP-DENMARK-OM1.OM.HP.COM on 12/08/98 12:18:00 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)

     Gil,

     I don't think you'll find such a file. Network Node Manager is able to
     read any TRAP-TYPE directly from the MIB file and insert it into
     trapd.conf during MIB load. For NetView you'll have to configure HP
     traps manually

     - Michael.