Re: Mid Level Managers

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Mid Level Managers
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:15:16 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yup. 5.1.1 enters verification on Monday and is due for customer ship by
late January, possibly sooner.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET> on 12/10/98 08:10:10 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)

That might explain it.  We have four.  And the collections I'm defining are
rather large.  Its probably trying to update the wrong ones first, getting
rejected by those MLM's, and getting onto the appropriate one when my back
is
turned.

Any ETA (even rough) on that release?

Thanks

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net

James Shanks wrote:

> Art -
> Could it be that what you are seeing is described in APAR IX79362?
> Currently, when you update the collection for any MLM, it gets
> re-distributed to all MLMs, so the more you have the longer it takes.
The