IP address being truncated

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: IP address being truncated
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@FNB.CO.ZA>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:27:29 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi

I am running netViewAIX 5.1 on AIX 4.2.1

I have a router with 5 physical interfaces and 64 logical interfaces.
The loopback address has got the name TEST in the host table.

When netmon? sends a trap for interface 2.2.2.2 which is defined on the
router TEST the trap contains information stating that the interface 2.2.2.2
is down on TEST, however when I ovtopdump TEST and then do a snmptrap it
gives that status of the interfaces but not that they belong to the router
TEST. Also Netview on the Mainframe truncates my traps /events IP address 8
characters but does not when netmon?/something else is the source sends the
trap.

Why is Netview S/390 truncating my IP address sometimes ( what is the
pattern )
How do I send the router name with the interface address (agent address does
not allow it) and display string(Octetstring) does not get displayed on
Netview /390.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vynita P