NetView on NT 4.0 SP4

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView on NT 4.0 SP4
From: "Matthew J. Morrisey" <mattm@ENTERPRISE-ENG.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:43:34 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thanks for the timely, report.  we just installed yesterday,
and after i got the opportunity
to expand my understanding of snmp on NT w/service packs
(you have to re-install the
service pack after you start snmp), we got error 1075.  a
big no-go.

did i do something wrong, is this an "anomaly" and/or should
i go back to
SP3?

Matt Morrisey  Enterprise Engineering Inc.

The NetView NT Server/Client code, is on a single CD.  The
option to
whether NetView NT is a Server or Client is an install
option question.  I
would however make sure you have installed the Server
NetView first, since
the Client install will request the name of the NetView
Server machine.

NT 4.0 Workstation or Server with Service Packet 3 is
support.

We are finding that NT Service Packet 4 is causing some
anomalies.

Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC
27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com              Http:
www.tivoli.com