Losing events between System Restarts

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Losing events between System Restarts
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:04:42 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

This request is just to determine whether there is a method of
maintaining events in the Dynamic Events Workspaces between
system restarts - I don't believe so - but I have to ask.   I have
considered the following work-arounds in the event that this
functionality
does not exist:-

1. Instructing users to look at the Event History, or
/usr/OV/log/trapd.log
2. Setting up registered application to list most recent Node Ups/Downs
    from trapd.log.  The customer is interested in these trap types.

In the event that there is no more elegant built-in solution can anybody

suggest some better work-arounds.

Customer is at Netview V5R1 for Solaris V2R6.

Thanks,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd