Re: latest PTFs now available for NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: latest PTFs now available for NetView
From: Markku Hukkinen <mhukkinen@AMADEUS.NET>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:37:55 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Curtis,

as already Erwin stated in a mail , Netview Version 4 is running out of
support. This will happen june 1999. We need to plan this in the Eagle
project in case we stay with Netview. We have currently Netview V5.1
installed on one of our test nodes. As there also a lot of own development
for the network management part on Symphony a migration to Netview V5 will
need some resources (2 people) and time ( 1- 2 month ?).

Regards,
       Markku

From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>  on 14/12/98 19:49 GMT

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

 To:  NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU

 cc:   (bcc: Markku Hukkinen/MUC/AMADEUS)

Subject:  latest PTFs now available for NetView

The latest (and probably the last) PTFs for NetView V4 became available
from Boulder today.
Customers who have an order for U459387 (server) and U459388 (client)
should see them arrive this week.
Others who want them should call Support and order them.

As a side note, let me remind everyone that no new APARs or fixes are
planned for NetView V4.  Only APARs currently in progress are being fixed.
>From here on, it is problem-solving assistance only until Support
terminates at the end of June, 1999.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support