Re: latest PTFs now available for NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: latest PTFs now available for NetView
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:52:14 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello to all -

Please do not send me personal notes about your problems or questions.  I
cannot begin to answer them.  If you cannot get the answers you need from
this list, then please call your local Support number.

There are no PTFs for V5.1.  There will not be.  But beginning late next
month there will be patches, applied via the Tivoli Framework for all 5.1
releases, except NT, which does not have a Framework requirement.  They are
working on an NT patch methodology but it is not completed yet.

I do not know about problems with nvsniffer.  There have been problems
fixed with nvsecd.  If you need a solution now, then please, call Support.

Mark Kerkwyk, please do not be offended that I used your note as the
vehicle to post this to the list.  It is just that yours is the fourth such
request this week and it is only Tuesday morning.   My apologies.

Thanks

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on 12/15/98