Cabletron SPMA integration on SUN

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cabletron SPMA integration on SUN
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:11:31 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have Netview 5.1 installed and am trying to install Cabletron SPMAs
3.2.

OK I know its not supported yet but I almost got it to work.   With a
couple of links it all went in except the events and menues. The event
formatting doesn't work and the install log tells me its missing the app
"xnmevents" but no warning about the menu "Misc" which is where
Cabletron installs their items. There is also no object pull-down to
launch the SPMAs.

Has anyone got SPMAs to work correctly and what am I missing?

I owe you one in advance.  Thanks much for any help.

        Jeff Fitzwater
        Princeton University
        jfitz@princeton.edu