Re: NV5 on AIX IP adderss change

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV5 on AIX IP adderss change
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:36:09 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
John,
you need not. You must follow a few procedures both for NetView and Framework.

For NV, after you change the IP address, run /usr/OV/service/reset_ci (let
netmon and snmpCollect be
down).

For Framework, you must tell oserv that the address has changed or will soon
change through the
"odadmin odlist change_ip" command (see manual for odadmin). If you shutdown
oserv without doing
this, he will not start. Also, for a complete description see Framework
Installation and Planning
Guide, the Troubleshooting section.

If you intend to change hostname as well, you will have to do a little bit
more. You must update
maps through mapadmin for they bind to the host on which they were created.
You will have to change labels of the NV server/client managed nodes via
idlcall <OID> _set_label as
well as labels for the NetViewRemoteAccess objects by using the same command
(otherwise you will not
be able to control NV from TME 10 desktop).

You should consult your documentation for Framework and release notes for NV :-)

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

--