Event...NetView Submap... option within T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event...NetView Submap... option within T/EC
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:40:55 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is it possible to control the specific NetView submap that opens when one
chooses the "Event...NetView Submap..." option within T/EC after selecting a
particular T/EC event (assuming TIPN has been installed within the
NetView/TEC TMR)?  I tried this option after selecting a T/EC event and 14
separate submap windows opened all at once!!!  I really don't want/need T/EC
to open multiple NetView submaps.  Ideally, only one NV submap would open;
however, the question then is what submap will NetView choose if this is
even possible?  Can one "control" which *one* submap would open?  Can one do
this with minimal ongoing maintenance?

I also noticed that this functionality only works under UNIX if one starts
their T/EC console AND NetView console under the SAME display.  How does
this behave under NT if running NetView for NT?  Does this also work if
running a NetView for NT console and T/EC console under NT?  Thanks in
advance,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive