Re: MIB help

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MIB help
From: Christine_Nutt@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:12:16 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

>Can anyone point me to where I might be able to find MIBs for AIX,
>HP-UX, Sun/Solaris, and Windows NT.  I have a need to monitor such
>things as disk utilization and CPU.  Will these MIBs provide this info
>for these systems.

  For each of these systems, you'll need an SNMP agent that
  actually tracks things like disk util, CPU, load avg., paging,
  etc., etc.

  Empire's SystemEDGE agent supports MIB-II, the Host Resources
  MIB (RFC 1514), and Empire's enterprise MIB (which includes lots
  of stats like cpu, paging, swapping, etc.) and is available
  across all of the platforms you listed.

  The agent supports the same MIB variables across all the systems;
  i.e., CPU util is the same obj-id on Solaris as on HPUX, etc.
  The agent also includes self-management features for monitoring
  thresholds, process, and log files for you.

  You can get the SystemEDGE distribution to evaluate by filling
  out the Evaluation Request Form at Empire's web site.

  Cheers,
        Cheryl

>Thanks,
>
>Marc Russo
>International Integrated Solutions, LTD

+ Check us out!  http://www.empiretech.com                           +
+ Cheryl Krupczak                          Empire Technologies, Inc. +
+ cheryl@empiretech.com                    541 Tenth Street NW       +
+ PH : +1 (770)384-0184                    Suite 169                 +
+ FAX: +1 (770)384-0183                    Atlanta, GA 30318         +