Re: Changing Netview Startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing Netview Startup
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:58:53 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Not all applications can be fired off outside the control desk,

There are 3 applications (that I know of) that you can set to open
outside the Control Desk - Events, Events History, and xnmgraph. You can
put these lines in your .Xdefaults (or change the app-defaults files
Nvela, Nvevents, and XNm).  You can copy these files from
/usr/OV/app-defaults
to the home directory of the user which starts the GUI or edit them there:

nvela.outside           : True
nvea.wsOutside       : True
nvevents.outside      : True
nvevents.wsOutside : True
xnmgraph.outside    : True

I don't know what you did about the labels.   They won't show if the number
 of icons on the map is too many
for the size of the map.  If you cannot make the map bigger, then you have
to move or remove some symbols.
Otherwise you have to zoom in when you look at it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Steve Pirollo <spirollo@SUNGARD.COM> on 12/17/98 01:09:25 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>