Adding/Deleting An Object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Adding/Deleting An Object
From: Sam J Rudland <sam_rudland@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:55:05 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Evening all,

I am having a little difficulty with trying to add an object onto the map. Once
I have finished specifying the IP address, selection name, subnet etc. I click
OK and I am informed that an object with that IP address already exists. I have
tried every method of searching for this object but I cannot find through the
GUI. When I force the object onto the map that I am trying to add the map then
synchronizes for about an hour and a half.  I am using Netview version 3 which
may be the reason for this.

I can find the object with the 'ovobjprint' command but don't know how I can
delete it this way.

Does anyone know how to delete an object 'using it's OID from the command line
as opposed to going through the GUI?

Regards,

Sam Rudland