Re: Adding/Deleting An Object

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Adding/Deleting An Object
From: Claudio Medeiros <cmedeiro@POBOX.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:20:28 -0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Sam,

This is a typical Map problem.
Did you have multiple maps on your system? If you have, try to delete
the object from all Maps (this means: open each map and delete it...)

If this is not your environment, try to run the ovtopofix utility, this
one checks the database consistency and, if this is the case, it deletes
the lost objects... (ooops, you need to use the correct switches, so see
the man pages for ovtopofix before using it)

I hope this helps,

Claudio Medeiros
Systems Analyst
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil