SNMP Configuration Options

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP Configuration Options
From: Bonnie Jundt <bonnie_jundt@MAIL.UND.NODAK.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:46:59 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am running Netview V4R1 and have a need to set up a Netview map display for a
user that will only be able to watch for visual status changes of some networks.
The setting will be in a somewhat public area and my immediate concern was that
this user not be able to access the SNMP Configuration Option to see the
community strings.  I have not been able to determine how to restrict this
access and would also appreciate any suggestions regarding other security
concerns and solutions.