Re: SNMP Configuration Options

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP Configuration Options
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 19:31:03 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Bonnie;
If you are using NV security so that your users are authenticated by nvsecd,
then you can set an NV
account for the user, make the user a member of the group with the appropriate
access rights, i.e.
no access to xnmsnmpconf. Run nvsec_admin to do this.

If you are not using NV security, create a directory in the user's $HOME
directory and copy any
necessary ARFs therein except xnmsnmpconf. Modify the user's $HOME/.profile
(for ksh) to set
$OVwRegDir variable pointing to that directory. Then there will be no menu item
SNMP Configuration
in the Options menu.

Also, make sure that /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf cannot be read by the user since
this file is still
used beside ovsnmp.conf_db.

HTH,
Best regards,