Re: a Token Ring management agent?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: a Token Ring management agent?
From: Paul Sandler <PMSandler@AOL.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 00:23:23 EST
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In a message dated 12/22/98 5:34:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dmahler@NOTES.CC.BELLCORE.COM writes:

<< We have been having a terrible time getting the Token Ring Lan Network
 Manager (LNM) to work for us.  We have a very old (like 5 years) LNM
 running (os2), but have been unable to get the new release to work.   My
 questions to this group are:

Don,

We had the old LNM and moved to version 2.0 without much of a problem.  We
have a big box with 128 meg RAM and the biggest problem was finding a Token
Ring card that would work correctly with LNM.  It's very fussy with TR cards.
The adapter would not open with a few different vendor cards.  We put in an
IBM card and it now works fine.  You do have to do some setup on the bridges
though.

I know we had some issues when we first brought it up.  I can't remember what
we did.  I think the biggest issue was with the adapter.

Sorry I can't remember more, but the product is a super product.

Paul Sandler
Los Angeles County ISD