Re: Client&Server Ports

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Client&Server Ports
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:01:27 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, Jose;
Look at /etc/services for both UDP and TCP port numbers used by NV (the entries
will be placed at
the end of the file) assuming you are using UNIX OS. If your clients use NFS
mounted filesystems
don't forget about those ports as well as portmapper on 111. You will have to
experiment a little
with it by monitoring the ports through the netstat and rpcinfo commands.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

--