Re: ovxecho

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovxecho
From: "MENEZES, ALAIN" <a.menezes@ASLK-CGER.BE>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:14:44 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Dimitri,

As Art said, there might be a problem with your DISPLAY variable setting
: the ovxecho is sent to the address stated in this variable : it should
be set like this :
export DISPLAY=<IPADDR>:0.0
where <IPADDR> is the address of the Xserver (Xemulation)
the DISPLAY var should be set before executing ovxecho
OR
you can run ovxecho in this manner : ovxecho -display <IPADDR>:0.0 "msg"

Hope this helps