[Fwd: Starting NetView EUI from Tivoli task]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [Fwd: Starting NetView EUI from Tivoli task]
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:19:44 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Further quirks with starting NetView from a Tivoli task.......
It appears that node deleting / adding doesn't work properly if done
from a NetView started via the Tivoli task described below.  If I delete
a node, I get no "Node deleted" event card, ovobjprint and ovtopodump
both show the node still and the node (obviously) never gets
re-discovered.

If I do exactly the same as me but by starting NetView via nv6000 from a
command prompt, it all works fine.

PLEASE can anyone shed light on this??

Cheers, Jane