Re: IBM NetView support platforms

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: IBM NetView support platforms
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:08:03 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NetView V4 was never supported on any version of Solaris.  NetView V4 ran
only on Digital UNIX and AIX.  Since NetView 4.1 is out of support,  we
haven't tried it on DU 4.0E, but there is no reason it shouldn't just run
as it did on previous versions of Digital UNIX, or so my Digital guy says.

As for NetView 5.1 on Digital UNIX 4.0E, again, we've never tried it but it
should run O.K.  The Tivoli Verification Group usually tests stuff like
this for NetView because they get the new operating systems first.  But
they don't have the new Digital yet.   We have tried NetView V5.1 on
Solaris 7, and it worked fine once we corrected the /etc/services file (the
migration of the operating system wiped out our additions to
/etc/services).

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Weiya Cai <weiya_cai@compuware.com> on 01/14/99 05:40:10 PM