Re: Set variable to null

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Set variable to null
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:06:17 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Thanks for all the responses.  I did try the unset but it didn't work.
Does the command need to be in quotes?
Also I have another question regarding variables.  If a value in a variable
is preceded by several blanks (ie. '                 TRUE'), how do you
strip off those blanks to be left with only the word TRUE?  I know these
are probably very simple questions, but not for a rookie like me.  I
appreciate all the help.  Thanks................Lucy
---------------------- Forwarded by Lucy Premus/Bsg/MetLife/US on 01/15/99

Thomas Seidel <seidelt@DBF.DDB.DE> on 01/15/99 11:13:40 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>