Re: Problem with tecad_nv6k in NV 5.1 for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with tecad_nv6k in NV 5.1 for NT
From: Jason Kravitz <Jason_Kravitz@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:19:02 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Santiago

James is correct that you have to rename one of the .exe files and register
the daemon with NetView using the ovaddobj command.   This will allow the
process to run like any other NetView daemon (start and stop with ovstart
and ovstop)

Once the daemon is registered (if using the TME secure configuration), the
daemon will not run unless permissions are set up correctly on your TMR.
The manual describes the extra steps needed to set the correct Tivoli
permissions to make the daemon run in a secure (TME) environment.

This Involves (NT 5.1 User Guide pp 1-4  - 1-7):
1) Create a Tivoli Admin ID with name "NetView@host_of_NetView_machine"
2) Set the Tivoli Resource Roles for Event Server for this ID  to have User
privileges
3) On the NetView machine, add the full $BINIDIR/bin path to your path
variable and reboot
     note: $BINDIR will be different on different machines -  it will be
something like c:\usr\local\Tivoli\w32-ix86
     MAKE SURE TO PUT THE "bin" on the end of $BINDIR

     One of the most common reasons the daemon will not start, is because
this was not added to the path correctly...
4) In tecad_nv6k.conf, set the ServerLocation=@EventServer     -  (No
spaces)
5) set ServerPort=0 (if TEC is running on Unix)  and the default port for
TEC on NT is 5529 (Note this may vary, check with the TEC administrator to
find out the port)

Jason

James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> on 01/18/99 09:08:35 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>